If You Experience Sexual Misconduct
A person who experiences an incident of sexual misconduct should consider the following immediate actions:
- Contact Campus Security at 641-472-1115 or law enforcement at 911.
- Seek medical attention.
- Hospital, Clinics, etc. 641-472-4111
- Campus Nurse, M-F 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., x3411 or x3406
- Report the situation to the Title IX Coordinator, 641-233-8003
- Contact Student Support Services or any trained, experienced counselor 641-472-1241.
- Contact parents, relatives or close friends for support.
You don’t have to choose a course of action immediately, but consider preserving evidence in case you choose to pursue charges. Possible evidence might be physical (clothing, bedding, letters, etc.) or not (photos, emails, text messages, etc.).