Residential Hall Director
RD Roles (in order of priority):
- Lead Residence Hall Administrator
- Student Resource
- Community Developer
- Establish and develop good relationships with your RA’s & residents
- Promote a clean, and creative living environment
- Monitor All living Spaces (physical furniture, cleanliness)
- Help the facilitation of RA programs, coordinate RA programming reporting, document programs with photo’s (blog?)
- Keep track of any short leaves of absence (RA’s leaving for weekend), report your own leaves to RezLife Director
Uphold Community Standards & University Policy:
- Attend all RezLife meetings, RezLife training sessions, and Host Residence Hall meetings (as necessary)
- Coordinate Move In/Move Out & Room Change processes.
- Report physical problems to appropriate MIU Department.
- Keep an active inventory of Residence Hall Items (furniture/television/entertainment & workout equipment)
- Facilitate open dialog, including promoting intercultural communications and conflict resolution as needed within your community.
- Ensure compliance with community standards and issue warnings if necessary.
- Clearly communicate University policy, uphold compliance with University policy and promptly report any violations to RHD’s, the Department of Residential Life, and/or Security.
Safety and Security:
- Clearly communicate Campus Safety policies to students, and report violations.
- Be familiar with all emergency protocols, safe zones, & fire equipment.
Expectations and Compensation:
- Full Year Commitment
- Compensation depends on situation with HR Department
- As much time as needed
- Enjoy this experience
Residence Hall Director’s Essential Tasks:
1. Monitor Building condition
- Report Damages / Vandalism
- Inventory furniture, entertainment, & workout equipment / spaces
2. Keep track of cleaning status of bathrooms – (with the assistance of RA’s)
3. Coordinate Move In/Out rooms checks (with the assistance of RA’s)
4. Meet w/ RA’s about their programs
5. Hold meetings to address any other dorm events or issues